Status of SiFive FreeRTOS-metal Port

Hello,

I am inquiring about the status of SiFive’s FreeRTOS-metal port. I am a bit concerned about the reliability of this port due to its seeming lack of support from the owners of its repository. For example, there’s been an open issue https://github.com/sifive/FreeRTOS-metal/issues/22 since April 7, 2021 regarding context switching due to an external interrupt. This seems to be a critical defect for any RTOS, so it’s disappointing to not see the fix get applied to SiFive’s FreeRTOS-metal port. So, is the FreeRTOS-metal port considered stable and up-to-date? Similarly, Is the port still under active development? And does SiFive plan on supporting/maintaining this port in the future?

Additionally, FreeRTOS seems to have published quite a few updates to their RISC-V port since the last time FreeROTS-metal was updated. Does SiFive plan to pick up these updates and include them in their FreeRTOS-metal port?

Has anyone else had issues with this port? Am I better off using FreeRTOS’s RISC-V port instead of SiFive’s?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks