I’ve been looking around for rackmount cases for the Unmatched Mini-ITX board. Here’s a list of manufacturers I found that make rackmount Mini-ITX:
- Athena Power
- Circo Technology
- DV Industrial Computer Ltd.
- In Win Development
- Shenzhen Epona Tech. Ltd.
- The manufacturers themselves, in many cases.
- NewEgg and the other majors
- Miller Technologies
In another thread, there is a discussion about the height of the heatsinks and whether they will fit in a 1U case. The consensus is “no”, it won’t fit. So either a taller case or a shorter heatsink is needed.
I have not seen the “shield” that comes with the Unmatched, if it will come with any at all. The shield is the metal plate that goes over the ethernet port, USB, etc. when you mount it in a case. Those in general do not fit in 1U cases, so they need to be cut down. Some suppliers offer that as a service. You can just hack it yourself or make one from scratch. Some case designs come with a shield grid where you just punch out for your connections.
There are 1.5U cases available, around ~57 mm tall, which should be tall enough for the motherboard + heatsinks. They are more rare.
There are a few cases that allow mounting of two motherboards in one case:
- 1U Athena Power RM-1U100DD
- 2U Casepro M236 (I think same as Travla)
- 2U iStarUSA 218M2
- 1U Travla T1200
- 2U Travla T2240
There is a high density solution for Mini-ITX boards that pack 9 motherboards into 6U such as the Build-a-blade BB-ITX96 V2. I don’t know if the Unmatched would work in there though. I’ve seen some solutions that replace the heatsink with low profile heat pumps, but those are mostly for larger Intel processors (haven’t seen a 22mm one). DV Industrial Computer Ltd. makes (made?) high density solutions for Mini-ITX as well.
Other notable rackmount cases I came across:
- 1U iStarUSA D-118V2-ITX-WB, pretty wood panel.
- 1.5U Onlogic MK100
- Supermicro has their “super chassis” line
- Various models offer front panel I/O option
- Silger CXR-1200 case designed to support PCI bifurcation with Ameri-Rack ARC1-PELY423-C3V3. It’s unclear whether the Unmatched supports bifurcation or not. Would be great if it did.