Customizing the core

Why is there no option to customize SiFive S76 core on SiFive official website?
Is there some very basic reason which I am missing here?

Hi Vishal,

We are currently working on enabling the full customization features of the SiFive Core IP 7 series through the Core Designer web application, and we are planning to make this available soon. In the meantime, if you are interested in a custom 7 series core, we would be happy to work with you over email to understand your needs and provide you with a custom core sooner. Feel free to send us an email at sales@sifive.com.

1 Like

Oh okay, I see. Thank you Richard.

Hi Richard,

Is it possible for us to develop new interconnect network while customizing a new CPU?

Hi Alvyn,

Yes, you should be able to use any interconnect system with SiFive’s RISC-V cores. Our cores natively use the TileLink protocol, but we also provide adapters for the AXI, AHB, and APB protocols, which you can select as a Core Designer customization option. If you have a different protocol that you want to support, the TileLink specification is open, and you can find the latest version of it on our website at https://www.sifive.com/documentation. If you have further technical questions about your use case, please feel free to send an email to sales@sifive.com, and we can connect you to someone who can help.

Also, in the future, I would kindly ask that you create a new forum topic for new questions, since that makes it easier for people to search for existing questions.