The made program could not launch at the FreedomStadio Windows version

Because the contents would be different, I would make a new topic.
I have somehow built the sample project after struggling. And then, I tried to run the project, but I could not launch it. The dialogue window showed the message "‘Launching demo_gpio.elf’ has encountered a problem. Error starting process."

Deleails:
Error starting process.
Cannot run program “D:\FreedomStudio-Win_x86_64-20170616\FreedomStudio\SiFive\Examples\HiFive1\demo_gpio\Debug\demo_gpio.elf”: Launching failed
Cannot run program “D:\FreedomStudio-Win_x86_64-20170616\FreedomStudio\SiFive\Examples\HiFive1\demo_gpio\Debug\demo_gpio.elf”: Launching failed

I cannot find what was happened. There is the elf file at the location which the messame pointed.Could anyone tell me what should I do?

Make sure you are using the correct debug configuration. This sounds like you are using the default one which is not correct. Make sure you are doing the following:

To launch a Debug session, click Run –> Debug Configurations and then GDB OpenOCD followed by the desired program (demo_gpio).

Hello Megan,
thank you for your quick reply.
I made the debug configuration as the following.

And pushed the debug bottun.
The result was the following message.

Instead of it, I got the following messame when pushed the run button.

What would be wrong with my cpnfiguration?
Best regards,
Yasuhiko Koumoto.

use GDB OpenOCD Debugging, NOT the C/C++ Application.
(as Megan pointed out)

Thank you Steinar.
I selected GDB OpenOCD debugging.
Then I got the following message.

What was wrong?
Thank you and best regards,
Yasuhiko Koumoto.

What board are you using? This looks like you are developing a project for HiFive1 board. Did you plug in your HiFive1 board? Did you follow the instructions for your OS to properly install the drivers? You can find these instructions in the Freedom Studio Manual https://www.sifive.com/documentation/tools/freedom-studio-manual/

Hello Megan and Steiner, thank you for your support.
I was stupid and now everything would go nice.
I had forgotten to install the HiFive1 drivers as Megan had pointed out.
Best regards,
Yasuhiko Koumoto.

2 Likes