How much power is needed?

i prepare to recieve sifive unmatched .

please teach

1. how much power supply (watt)
  2. the shape of the ATX

I don’t have information on the power requirements.

However, if your second question is about the shape of the system board, it’s a Mini-ITX;

Wikipedia - Mini-ITX

The Unmatched Getting Started Guide on our web site says it needs a 250W power supply minimum, but I suspect this is worst case assuming that every I/O port is filled with a device drawing power near the limit, plus a little extra to be safe.

Visit https://www.sifive.com/boards/hifive-unmatched and scroll down to the Getting Started Guide.

There is also U740 chip documentation there too.

2 Likes

The Getting Started Guide does say 250 watts, but the document above it, the HiFive Unmatched Product Brief states on page 2 “150W ATX Power Supply (sold separately)”

I think the Getting Started Guide is more up to date than the Product Brief. I sent an internal message to try to get the product brief updated.

1 Like

The Getting Started Guide has just been updated to v1p1 and is available here:

The document has been updated to reflect that the PSU must be rated at a minimum of 150W.

Apologies for the confusion.

2 Likes

The minimum power supply is 150W but I suppose, like for a PC, this doesn’t mean it will continuously draw that much.

Has anyone made measurements of actual power draw of the SiFive Unmatched board (with minimal hardware attached)?

If it’s anything like the Unleashed and the BeagleV beta board (same U74 cores) it will be around 5 or 6 W.

2 Likes