I recently received my HiFive Unmatched board and had it booted and running for a few days. I turned it off overnight, and then this morning when I pressed the power button on the case, the fan turned on, I heard a “pop” sound, and then it turned off.
I’ve been working on diagnosing the problem, and if anyone else has suggestions, I would appreciate it!
Things I’ve tested:
- The power supply I was using seems to be dead. When I connect the green/black wires on the main ATX header it doesn’t turn on.
- When I connect another power supply to the HiFive board, it doesn’t turn on . This power supply turns on when connecting the green/black wires, but it’s old and I’m not certain that it’s fully functional.
- I’ve visually inspected the board and don’t see any obvious blown caps, etc.
My questions are:
- Has anyone else experienced a failure like this?
- Is there any other ways to diagnose whether the board is completely dead?
- Assuming the board died, is there any warranty/RMA process? I bought the board via crowd supply.
Thanks in advance!