Problem with programming RISC-V on SmartFusion2

I tried to launch RISC-V (E31 Coreplex) on SmartFusion2 ADV, using Libero designs from here: https://github.com/RISCV-on-Microsemi-FPGA/M2S150-Advanced-Dev-Kit

After programming the board I managed to connect with RISC-V in SoftConsole v5.0
(I get the info: RISC-V IDCODE = 0x10e31913 Info : Examined RISCV core; XLEN=32, misa=0x40902223), but when I try to run debug with my simple software, there are only errors about writing to memory.

Did anyone meet this problem?

Thanks,
Mateusz

Hi Mateusz,

What is the nature of the error. eg dtminfo or dbus_scan error?

Thanks,
Ciaran

Hi,

I get two different errors, shown in the screenshots:

Are you resetting the board each time before you start a debug session?
That’s required at the moment and mentioned in the SoftConsole v5 release notes.

Regards
Tommy Murphy - Microsemi

Yes, I tried both.
Sometimes the message is different (but it disappears just before the ‘load failed’ window):

Some more questions:

Are you saying that you can never get a debug connection because of errors or that you can sometimes get a debug connection?

Can you add -d to the OpenOCD command line options in the SoftConsole/Eclipse debug launch configuration and capture the debug/verbose OpenOCD log output and post it please?

Are you using the SmartFusion2 Advanced Development Kit programming file as-is from the Microsemi github or are you running the project through the Libero flow yourself?

Have you modified the Libero project at all?

Have you tried the simple “systick-blinky” example project in the SoftConsole v5 example workspace and did that download/debug/run?

Hope this helps

Regards
Tommy Murphy - Microsemi

These questions helped!

I was using Libero project from Github and debugging was not working. But I tried FlashPro Express project and it worked, I could run debug sesion in my project, everything was ok.
I downgraded Libero to v11.7 (earlier I was using v11.7 SP3) and it’s working with the same project from Github.

Thank you for your help,
Mateusz

For some reason I wasn’t notified of your reply and only saw it by chance now.
Thanks for posting back about this and glad you got up and running.
I would expect the example project to work even when run through the Libero SoC 11.7 SP3 tools.
I will check this out.

Regards
Tommy Murphy - Microsemi