Gdb can't use "run"?

(pengnainqi) #1

Hi,all

At first, I use command “make run_openocd PROGRAM=hello BOARD=coreplexip-e31-arty” to activation openocd!

Then, I use command "make run_gdb PROGRAM=hello BOARD=coreplexip-e31-arty"to connection gdb. After connection, I input command “run” in gdb window,but no respond ! why?

Finally,how can I get my program output result by execution sequence in freedom-e-sdk environment?

(Donnie Agema) #2

To see the output of the hello program, you need to run a terminal client program connectred to the Arty via its USB port, as described on page 10 of the Getting Started Guide

(pengnainqi) #3

Oh,Donnie

I knew it ! The GNU screen just output SIFive logo not my demo program finally result,So it’s means that demo program not execution !

(Donnie Agema) #4

I am not sure that I understand what you mean. Since you started PROGRAM=hello, all you get from that program is the SiFive logo. You can run a different program, e.g. PROGRAM=demo_gpio, to get other results. If you have written your own “someProgram” demo and compiled it, you must run it using PROGRAM=someProgram.

(Megan A. Wachs) #5

I think you are missing the make upload step. The process you followed works to debug a program, but you still need to upload it first:

make upload PROGRAM=hello BOARD=coreplexip-e31-arty.

Then when you connect with screen as @dagema suggested, you should see your program (hello) output.

Then you can connect with make run_openocd and make run_gdb to debug if you want.