Freedom Studio IDE Not Wanting to build to the HiFive1 RevB

I’m on linux and I’m trying to use the Freedom Studio IDE to build to the HiFive1.

I’ve been through the manual, and I believe I’ve “installed” it correctly. I downloaded the tarball and unzipped it. I then run Freedom Studio, create a new project (C project>makefile>SiFive). But when I try to debug or run the example projects, I get the following error:

Exception occurred during launch.

Reason:
Missing mandatory configuration. Fill-in the ‘Config options:’ field in the debugger tab.

I know where to add stuff to this section, but the manual says nothing about adding anything so I have no idea what this section even wants. What am I doing wrong?

You need to fill in RISC-V into the target name field. I remember that blocked me from running at least. But even after that all I get from the studio is the board blinking red LED and nothing in the output.

I’m just using the cmdline tools for now.

See I’m having the opposite problem. I can read the serial monitor, but I can’t get anything to compile or push to the board. I’m just going to go to doing it in the terminal. There’s very little documentation on the ide =/

Sorry to be a Toal newb, but where is the target name field?

for jlink, go to debug configuration, debug, target name or device name and add “fe310”. I might be wrong about it being in the debug tab, if its not there check startup or config.

1 Like

@penguinwashere Thank you very much. The FE310 setting made a difference.