Cannot reprogram expansion board

Hello everyone
I cannot seem to be able to reprogram the expansion board. I have programmed it once with the flash pro 5 but the next times the program tells me that the vjtag cable is not connected when it is. Is there a switch I need to move on the expansion board to make it able to reprogram?

Thanks!

I recall a message similar to that if I don’t have the expansion board power switch turned on.

The expansion board is turned on, but I still get the same error message (vjtag cable disconnected or shorted). I have the vjtag cable plugged into the board vjtag header yet it’s not working. The program does not detect the flash… I saw there is SW5 and other buttons, is there one I need to press or something to enable flashing again?

I’m having the exact same problem. Please advise.

Hi,
If I wait a day and keep the expansion board offline it detects the flash but it detects the wrong type? It detects as MPF300XT instead of MPF300TS_ES.

STAPL file ‘C:\HFU540_EXP_Bitstream_r10101.stp’ has been loaded successfully.
DESIGN : PCIe_ChipLink; CHECKSUM : E706; ALG_VERSION : 1
Scan Chain…
Scan Chain PASSED.
Executing action PROGRAM
EXPORT ERROR_CODE[16] = 8004
Failed to verify IDCODE
Finished: Thu Jul 18 00:10:52 2019 (Elapsed time 00:00:00)
Error: Executing action PROGRAM FAILED, EXIT 6, refer to FlashPro online help for details.

Thanks…

Is this one of the recent boards that were just available on crowdsupply, or one that you’ve had around for a long time? Also where did you get the .stp file from?

Yes, it’s one of the recent boards from crowdsupply. I downloaded the bitstream .stp file from https://www.microsemi.com/document-portal/doc_download/1243348-polarfire-fpga-bitstream

Both FlashPro and FlashPro Express don’t let me flash the board anymore.
I’m getting either the below error or vjtag cable/flash not detected not connected error:
Error: Device 1: Found: MPF300XT, Expected: MPF300TS_ES

I checked and my FPGA model on the expansion is indeed MPF300XT.

STAPL file ‘C:\HFU540_EXP_Bitstream_r10101.stp’ has been loaded successfully.
DESIGN : PCIe_ChipLink; CHECKSUM : E706; ALG_VERSION : 1
Scan Chain…
Scan Chain PASSED.
Executing action PROGRAM
EXPORT ISC_ENABLE_RESULT[32] = 00000000
EXPORT CRCERR[1] = 0
Programming FPGA Array and sNVM…
Error: Microsemi FlashPro3/3x/4/5 Programmer has been disconnected. Please check connection.
Finished: Sat Jul 20 09:23:58 2019 (Elapsed time 00:00:00)
Error: Executing action PROGRAM FAILED.

o - o - o - o - o - o

It still doesn’t want to flash after trying many different things…