Failed to Build and debug the project

I just installed the new FreedomStudio on Ubuntu VM, including the latest Java release, and get the following error when trying to build coreplexip any

RISCV_Evaluation/sifive/FreedomStudio/SiFive/riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc-20170612-x86_64-linux-centos6/bin/…/libexec/gcc/riscv64-unknown-elf/7.1.1/liblto_plugin.so: error loading plugin:
RISCV_Evaluation/sifive/FreedomStudio/SiFive/riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc-20170612-x86_64-linux-centos6/bin/…/libexec/gcc/riscv64-unknown-elf/7.1.1/liblto_plugin.so: file too short
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [coreplexip_welcome.elf] Error 1

Can you verify that the file RISCV_Evaluation/sifive/FreedomStudio/SiFive/riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc-20170612-x86_64-linux-centos6/bin/…/libexec/gcc/riscv64-unknown-elf/7.1.1/liblto_plugin.so exits on your machine and that it is a sym link to liblto_plugin.so.0.0.0?

You might also want to try re-downloading and extracting the bundle.

Hi
I am trying to re-downloading and extracting the bundle. But till i am getting the same issue…

Building target: coreplexip_welcome.elf
Invoking: GNU RISC-V Cross C Linker
riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc -march=rv64imac -mabi=lp64 -mcmodel=medany -msmall-data-limit=8 -O2 -g3 -T “/nfs/iind/disks/i2r.disk.0001/RISCV_Evaluation/sifive/Projects/coreplexip_welcome/bsp/env/coreplexip-e51-arty/flash.lds” -nostartfiles -L…/…/wrap-E51FPGA/Debug -L…/ -Wl,-Map,“coreplexip_welcome.map” -Wl,–start-group -Wl,–end-group -Wl,–wrap=malloc -Wl,–wrap=free -Wl,–wrap=open -Wl,–wrap=lseek -Wl,–wrap=read -Wl,–wrap=write -Wl,–wrap=fstat -Wl,–wrap=stat -Wl,–wrap=close -Wl,–wrap=link -Wl,–wrap=unlink -Wl,–wrap=execve -Wl,–wrap=fork -Wl,–wrap=getpid -Wl,–wrap=kill -Wl,–wrap=wait -Wl,–wrap=isatty -Wl,–wrap=times -Wl,–wrap=sbrk -Wl,–wrap=_exit -o “coreplexip_welcome.elf” ./bsp/env/coreplexip-e51-arty/init.o ./bsp/env/entry.o ./bsp/env/start.o ./bsp/drivers/plic/plic_driver.o ./bsp/drivers/fe300prci/fe300prci_driver.o ./coreplexip_welcome.o -lc -lwrap-E51FPGA
/nfs/iind/disks/i2r.disk.0001/RISCV_Evaluation/sifive/FreedomStudio/SiFive/riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc-20170612-x86_64-linux-centos6/bin/…/lib/gcc/riscv64-unknown-elf/7.1.1/…/…/…/…/riscv64-unknown-elf/bin/ld: /nfs/iind/disks/i2r.disk.0001/RISCV_Evaluation/sifive/FreedomStudio/SiFive/riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc-20170612-x86_64-linux-centos6/bin/…/libexec/gcc/riscv64-unknown-elf/7.1.1/liblto_plugin.so: error loading plugin: /nfs/iind/disks/i2r.disk.0001/RISCV_Evaluation/sifive/FreedomStudio/SiFive/riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc-20170612-x86_64-linux-centos6/bin/…/libexec/gcc/riscv64-unknown-elf/7.1.1/liblto_plugin.so: file too short
make: *** [coreplexip_welcome.elf] Error 1

11:56:50 Build Finished (took 980ms)

Can you verify that the file RISCV_Evaluation/sifive/FreedomStudio/SiFive/riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc-20170612-x86_64-linux-centos6/bin/…/libexec/gcc/riscv64-unknown-elf/7.1.1/liblto_plugin.so exits on your machine and that it is a sym link to liblto_plugin.so.0.0.0?

cd RISCV_Evaluation/sifive/FreedomStudio/SiFive/riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc-20170612-x86_64-linux-centos6/libexec/gcc/riscv64-unknown-elf/7.1.1
ls -la

You should see something similar to (among other files):

lrwxr-xr-x   1 drew  staff        18 Jun 16 09:15 liblto_plugin.so -> liblto_plugin.0.so

I’m wondering if something went wrong during the extraction and that this file was not extracted as a sym link.

If you downloaded the toolchain from GitHub under Windows, instead of from within your VM, you will probably not have the sym link. If so, you should re-download from GitHub from witin you VM.

Hi thank you very much for your valuable support now I able to build the project. But if i am trying to debug the project its shows following issue

/nfs/iind/disks/i2r.disk.0001/RISCV_Evaluation/sifive/Projects/coreplexip_welcome/Debug/coreplexip_welcome.elf: Exec format error. Binary file not executable.

The examples include launch configurations. Be sure you are using the included OpenOCD Debug configuration by clicking Run–>Debug Configurations --> GDB OpenOCD Debug and selecting the appropriate project.

Hi Debug environment mandatory to connect board? or Any other options for software debug environment.

Freedom Studio wraps an Eclipse GUI around GCC, GDB, and OpenOCD. You are free to use all of these tools via the command line.

In Freedom-E-SDK we provide the same examples, and more, presented in a more traditional command line make environment:

Hi already i am using freedom-e-sdk. Can you share Freedomstudio example how to run? From this repo there is no readme document for Freedomstudio examples and also no Makefile present in this folder.

I’m sorry, but I’m not understanding what you are asking for. Freedom Studio includes several examples which are generated from Freedom-E-SDK.

Freedom Studio has a manual which describes how to get started. Chapter 4 covers importing the bundled zip examples as well as importing the Freedom-E-SDK examples. Please see the link below (and also in the bundle):

Freedom-E-SDK has its Readme file in the root directory which describes the setup and how to run the makefile.

Hi i am asking for
make software PROGRAM=dhrystone similar to how to run Freedomstudio different ip’s example?

Hi, i am trying to build any example from freedom-e-sdk the following issue occur…

make all
Building target: hello.elf
Invoking: GNU RISC-V Cross C Linker
riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc -march=rv32imac -mabi=ilp32 -mcmodel=medany -msmall-data-limit=8 -O2 -g3 -T “/nfs/iind/disks/i2r.disk.0001/RISCV_Evaluation/bsp/env/freedom-e300-hifive1/flash.lds” -nostartfiles -L…/…/wrap-hifive1/Debug -L…/ -Wl,-Map,“hello.map” -Wl,–start-group -Wl,–end-group -Wl,–wrap=malloc -Wl,–wrap=free -Wl,–wrap=open -Wl,–wrap=lseek -Wl,–wrap=read -Wl,–wrap=write -Wl,–wrap=fstat -Wl,–wrap=stat -Wl,–wrap=close -Wl,–wrap=link -Wl,–wrap=unlink -Wl,–wrap=execve -Wl,–wrap=fork -Wl,–wrap=getpid -Wl,–wrap=kill -Wl,–wrap=wait -Wl,–wrap=isatty -Wl,–wrap=times -Wl,–wrap=sbrk -Wl,–wrap=_exit -o “hello.elf” ./bsp/env/freedom-e300-hifive1/init.o ./bsp/env/entry.o ./bsp/env/start.o ./bsp/drivers/plic/plic_driver.o ./bsp/drivers/fe300prci/fe300prci_driver.o ./hello.o -lc -lwrap-hifive1
/nfs/iind/disks/i2r.disk.0001/RISCV_Evaluation/sifive/FreedomStudio/SiFive/riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc-20170612-x86_64-linux-centos6/bin/…/lib/gcc/riscv64-unknown-elf/7.1.1/…/…/…/…/riscv64-unknown-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lwrap-hifive1
make: *** [hello.elf] Error 1

When building the Freedom-E-SDK examples in Freedom Studio, you must import and build the wrap project for the board first. In your case, import the wrap-hifive1 project and build it.