Build error for freedom-e -sdk

Hi ,
/home/keerthi/freedom-e-sdk/work/build/riscv-gnu-toolchain/riscv64-unknown-elf/prefix/bin/riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc: Command not found
/home/keerthi/freedom-e-sdk/bsp/env/common.mk:47: recipe for target ‘/home/keerthi/freedom-e-sdk/bsp/env/start.o’ failed
make[1]: *** [/home/keerthi/freedom-e-sdk/bsp/env/start.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/keerthi/freedom-e-sdk/software/demo_gpio’
Makefile:205: recipe for target ‘software’ failed
make: *** [software] Error 2

Help me to overcome this error.

You must run “make tools” to build the compiler before running “make software”. Or alternatively, install a binary toolchain package obtained from elsewhere, and set RISCV_PATH to point at the top of the install tree, so that $(RISCV_PATH)/bin/riscv64-unknown-elf-gcc is valid. See the README.md file.

Thank you jim.

hello all ,
I am changing the led_fade, from legacy to MEE option ,after modifying the things ,while its compiling
its shows me this error,
I/home/algo/Board/freedom-e-sdk/bsp/env/sifive-hifive1 -include sys/cdefs.h -c -o led_fade.o led_fade.c
make[1]: *** No rule to make target ‘/home/algo/Board/freedom-e-sdk/bsp/env/sifive-hifive1/init.c’, needed by ‘/home/algo/Board/freedom-e-sdk/bsp/env/sifive-hifive1/init.o’. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/algo/Board/freedom-e-sdk/software/led_fade’
Makefile:267: recipe for target ‘software’ failed
make: *** [software] Error 2

can help me to get out of this

freedom-e-sdk is in the middle of a major rewrite, which is unfortunately being done on mainline instead of on a branch, and is likely to be broken for months. I would recommend that you check out a copy from before the rewrite started, and don’t try to use the mee support.

If you really want to use the mee support, then you should file issues into the github freedom-e-sdk project to report bugs, rather than reporting them here. Github issues are tracked. Forum posts are not.

Thanks you jim for ur guidelines