It seems that the Unmatched won’t boot unless the serial console is connected to something. I have a GPU on it so I no longer need the serial console and would like to boot without it. I see no u-boot logs or anything when I attempt to boot without it connected, which makes me think it’s happening at the firmware level. Is it possible to boot without anything connected to the console USB?
A few other things I’ve tried:
- Plugging in the console USB 2 seconds after boot: this works!
- Plugging in the console USB 7 seconds after boot: this leads to a u-boot shell after connecting it and sending keypresses.
- Plugging the console USB into one of the USB-A ports on the Unmatched: this also works.
- The board is version 3 (HF105-ASSY-3A0)
- Operating system is Ubuntu 21.04
- GPU is AMD RX580 and works fine when USB console is connected